To foster exchange within the German speaking community on user-centered AI, especially between industry and academia, we organize regular online meetups.
4th Virtual Meetup: tba
After a short break, we will continue our series of meetups. Invitations will be sent to all group members as soon as further details are available!
3rd Virtual Meetup: 30th June 2022, 16:00 CEST
The third virtual meetup took place on June 30th, 2022. This time, the topic was personalization in the media sector, again with two inspiring talks from academia and industry:
- Werteorientierte Empfehlungssysteme in den Medien – Realität oder Utopie?
by Christine Bauer, Utrecht University
- Personalisierung und Automatisierung in der ZDFmediathek – vom öffentlich rechtlichem Auftrag zu Metriken und Algorithmen
by Andreas Grün, ZDF
2nd Virtual Meetup: 7th April 2022, 16:00 CEST
After the successful first event in 2021 (see below), we were proud to announce the following talks for the second virtual meetup:
- Design Challenges for Privacy-Preserving Explanation User Interfaces
by Claudia Müller-Birn, Freie Universität Berlin
- Anwendungen der Verarbeitung natürlicher Sprache (NLP) – Forschung und Praxis
by Till Plumbaum, Neofonie, Ontolux
Roughly 30 attendees enjoyed Claudia and Till providing insights in their work on user-centered artificial intelligence, focusing on explanations and natural language processing!
1st Virtual Meetup: 4th November 2021, 16:00 CEST
For the first virtual meetup, we were proud to announce the following talks:
- Challenges and Pitfalls of AI in Health
by Hanna Hauptmann, Utrecht University
- Building Recipe Recommendations For Cookidoo®
by Bora Kiliclar, Vorwerk Digital R&D
Hanna and Bora provided insights in their work on user-centered artificial intelligence, in particular, in the area of recommender systems for health and food. After their short and informal talks, the roughly 30 attendees engaged in a vibrant discussion.