To foster exchange within the German speaking community on user-centered AI, especially between industry and academia, we organize regular online meetups.
5th Virtual Meetup: March 7th, 2024, 16:00 CEST
The fifth virtual meetup will take place on March 7th, 2024. We are happy to announce that this time we will have three talks, one from academia and two from industry:
- Unveiling Adaptive AI: A Comprehensive Classification for AI-Based System Adaptivity
by Doreen Engelhardt, Audi AG
- Escaping the Trap of Distraction: AI-Supported Multitasking in Human-Computer Interaction
by Philipp Wintersberger, University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria (Campus Hagenberg)
- Ein Blick in die Zukunft von großen Sprachmodellen in der Industrie
by Tobias Grosse-Puppendahl, Porsche AG
Click here for more information. Invitations will soon be sent out to all group members. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you are interested in attending.
4th Virtual Meetup: 16th November 2023, 16:00 CEST
After a break, the fourth virtual meetup took place on November 16th, 2023. This time, we had two inspiring talks, again from industry and academia:
- Convergence of Conversational User Interfaces, Prompt Engineering and No-Code Prototyping
by Anjelika Votintseva, Siemens AG
- Human-AI Interaction in Writing Tools
by Daniel Buschek, Universität Bayreuth
Please click here for more details. Invitations were sent to all group members.
3rd Virtual Meetup: 30th June 2022, 16:00 CEST
The third virtual meetup took place on June 30th, 2022. This time, the topic was personalization in the media sector, again with two inspiring talks from academia and industry:
- Werteorientierte Empfehlungssysteme in den Medien – Realität oder Utopie?
by Christine Bauer, Utrecht University
- Personalisierung und Automatisierung in der ZDFmediathek – vom öffentlich rechtlichem Auftrag zu Metriken und Algorithmen
by Andreas Grün, ZDF
2nd Virtual Meetup: 7th April 2022, 16:00 CEST
After the successful first event in 2021 (see below), we were proud to announce the following talks for the second virtual meetup:
- Design Challenges for Privacy-Preserving Explanation User Interfaces
by Claudia Müller-Birn, Freie Universität Berlin
- Anwendungen der Verarbeitung natürlicher Sprache (NLP) – Forschung und Praxis
by Till Plumbaum, Neofonie, Ontolux
Roughly 30 attendees enjoyed Claudia and Till providing insights in their work on user-centered artificial intelligence, focusing on explanations and natural language processing!
1st Virtual Meetup: 4th November 2021, 16:00 CEST
For the first virtual meetup, we were proud to announce the following talks:
- Challenges and Pitfalls of AI in Health
by Hanna Hauptmann, Utrecht University
- Building Recipe Recommendations For Cookidoo®
by Bora Kiliclar, Vorwerk Digital R&D
Hanna and Bora provided insights in their work on user-centered artificial intelligence, in particular, in the area of recommender systems for health and food. After their short and informal talks, the roughly 30 attendees engaged in a vibrant discussion.