To foster exchange within the German speaking community on user-centered AI, especially between industry and academia, we organize regular online meetups.
4th Virtual Meetup: tba
After a summer break, we will continue our series of meetups. The forth meetup will likely be in December 2022. Invitations will be sent to all group members as soon as further details are available!
3rd Virtual Meetup: 30th June 2022, 16:00 CEST
The third virtual meetup took place on June 30th, 2022. This time, the topic was personalization in the media sector, again with two inspiring talks from academia and industry:
- Werteorientierte Empfehlungssysteme in den Medien – Realität oder Utopie?
by Christine Bauer, Utrecht University
- Personalisierung und Automatisierung in der ZDFmediathek – vom öffentlich rechtlichem Auftrag zu Metriken und Algorithmen
by Andreas Grün, ZDF
2nd Virtual Meetup: 7th April 2022, 16:00 CEST
After the successful first event in 2021 (see below), we were proud to announce the following talks for the second virtual meetup:
- Design Challenges for Privacy-Preserving Explanation User Interfaces
by Claudia Müller-Birn, Freie Universität Berlin
- Anwendungen der Verarbeitung natürlicher Sprache (NLP) – Forschung und Praxis
by Till Plumbaum, Neofonie, Ontolux
Roughly 30 attendees enjoyed Claudia and Till providing insights in their work on user-centered artificial intelligence, focusing on explanations and natural language processing!
1st Virtual Meetup: 4th November 2021, 16:00 CEST
For the first virtual meetup, we were proud to announce the following talks:
- Challenges and Pitfalls of AI in Health
by Hanna Hauptmann, Utrecht University
- Building Recipe Recommendations For Cookidoo®
by Bora Kiliclar, Vorwerk Digital R&D
Hanna and Bora provided insights in their work on user-centered artificial intelligence, in particular, in the area of recommender systems for health and food. After their short and informal talks, the roughly 30 attendees engaged in a vibrant discussion.