UCAI ’21: Workshop on User-Centered Artificial Intelligence
Ingolstadt, Germany, 5th September 2021
The workshop took place on Sunday, 5th September 2021, via Zoom and Wonder.me.
13:00 – 13:10 Opening remarks (Zoom, Chair: Benedikt Loepp)
13:10 – 14:00 Session 1 (Zoom, Chair: Hanna Hauptmann)
- The Role of Explanations of AI Systems: Beyond Trust and Helping to Form Mental Models (Position paper)
by Norkute, M. [slides]
- Audit, Don’t Explain – Recommendations Based on a Socio-Technical Understanding of ML-Based Systems (Position paper)
by Heuer, H. [slides]
- Noise over Fear of Missing Out (Position paper)
by Schleith, J., Hristozova, N., Chechmanek, B., Bussey, C., and Michalak, L. [slides]
- On the Convergence of Intelligent Decision Aids (Position paper)
by Loepp, B. [slides]
14:00 – 14:15 Break
14:15 – 15:15 Session 2 (Zoom, Chair: Wolfgang Wörndl)
- Design Decision Framework for AI Explanations
by Anuyah, O., Fine, W., and Metoyer, R.
- An Explainability Approach for Conversational User Interfaces in Walk-Up-And-Use Contexts
by Schrills, T., Schmid, L., Jetter, H.-C., and Franke, T. [recording]
- How can Small Data Sets be Clustered?
by Weigand, A. C., Lange, D., and Rauschenberger, M.
15:15 – 15:45 Break (with posters in Wonder.me)
15:45 – 16:30 Keynote (Zoom, Chair: Daniel Buschek)
16:30 – 16:45 Closing discussion (Zoom)
16:45 – 17:00 Break
17:00 – 18:00 SIG meeting (other Zoom meeting)
18:00Social gathering (with posters in Wonder.me)
All times are CEST.